Today's patch continues our focus on reducing tedium and also reducing the power gap between players.
Without further ado, here are today's patch notes:
- General Changes:
- Equipping armor
- Bags/sacks now have a right click menu option "Equip Armor". Selecting this will cycle through the bag and equip any armor pieces you have in it (top layer only)
- Popup warning when disabling hit protection (can be disabled)
- All races start with 20 in all stats
- Stat boosting skills (Ingenious, Muscular, Clever, Nimble, Fleet and Sturdy) have all been removed. Players can now naturally achieve a max of 110 in all stats.(This is temporary, future changes will limit users to 100 naturally with new stat consumables to go beyond)
- Single attribute potions now take the player up to 100 in their respective stat.
- The mechanics behind sprinting have been changed. Rather than pausing natural regeneration and reducing stamina, it now alters the natural regeneration rate. Currently stamina will degenerate while sprinting and will gain if food is used
- Holding the shift key will no longer cancel auto sprint
- Groundwork changes in NPC city “borders” system.
- Visual improvements to skill/spell levels
- Skills/Spell Progression
- Skills that are earned naturally have been removed from vendors
- The Skill/Spell menus has been revamped to show all potential skills/spells you can unlock and the requirements needed to unlock them.
- Skills that were previously unable to gain XP through use can now gain experience through normal casting/use. We have added in a new macro prevention system to prevent unfair/macroing gains. Scrolls will still be the most efficient way to level most of these skills/spells.
- Removed stat frontloading and adjusted gains
- Remote crafting has been added to non mastery crafts
- There is a new "Crafting" button in the main menu that will open the craft selection window
- A crafting queue has been added
- Crafted gear has been added to the "Grade" system like mob dropped gear. Standard crafted items will all share the same stats. Metal armor and weapons crafted by Dwarves will have 10% more durability and prefixed with "Steelmaster " in the title. Alfar staves will have 10% more durability and prefixed with "Oakmaster " in the title
- Durability has been adjusted on armor fillers to match the chest piece/helmet
- Increased the base dura on staves and jewelry(pre-patch items should update correctly to the new current/max durability)
- Weapon disparity - Starting with rank 70, all weapons below have had their damage increased to differentiate by roughly 2 points of damage per tier
- Name change tokens have been added to Darkfall: Rise of Agon. You will be able to purchase the token from the web-store and change your character’s name.
- You can check the previous names (aliases) of a player by typing the command /player_aliases “Firstname Lastname” or by right clicking the user’s name in the chat and selecting the Check Aliases option.
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Some users who did not receive their founder blade now have the option available.
- Fixed a bug causing some gems and Runestones to lose their enchants/location.
- Lobby should now should the proper Character name/race/gender after using tokens.
Thank you for reading and we look forward to your feedback on the patch. Stay tuned for news about our next patch
- The Team at Big Picture Games