Today we have the planned combat revert, activity windows, hotbar changes and many other updates. We expect to do a follow up patch relatively soon with armor dyes, daily tasks and some other items.
- Combat reverted to before May 2018
- Stat buffs have not been returned to preserve the value of 120 stat potions
- Armor values have been reverted to the original values
- Exception: Arrow Protection is still separate from Piercing protection.
- Specializations have returned
- Exceptions: Jump shot, aqua shot, side step, and double jump are still default with side step being able to turn off at the vendor.
- New light concussion bomb item added that has the same effect as old light battlespikes with a 5 second cooldown
- Disabling bolt skill added
- Runestones can no longer be placed in rune books
- Rune books can only be bound at chaos stones
- Alt-use chaos stones with an empty rune in your backpack to add that location to your book.
- Old runestones will still work and can be removed from your rune books.
- Runestones still work in any location like before.
Logging out and combat timers
- A combat timer has been added that we will use for various features and starts with logging out aka camping.
- 60 seconds if you hit someone else
- 30 seconds if you get hit (unless you already have more than that)
- Each hit resets the timer
- Camping has been changed so you have the option to stay in-game while your timer is going
- Camping now has a glowing effect and a campfire sound for the duration of your log out making it easier to spot someone trying to escape via logout.
- The timer is now based on your location and combat - the previous time was 45 seconds
- In NPC cities: 10 second logout
- Outside: 1 minute
- Inside dungeons: 2 minutes
- In combat: the previous time (npc, outside, dungeon) + the remaining time on your combat timer.
- If you get hit while you are camping you will have the combat time added to your logout up to a total of 3 minutes maximum.
- If you crash or the client is closed your character will start camping the required amount of time.
- There is a new UI for the clan window - the old one can be accessed through your paperdoll in a clan tab until we have moved all features to the new clan window.
- There is a new option for a siege window - select the hour you want your siege window to start, for example I want my clan to be protected at 10PM so I will set my siege window time to start at 10PM and it will last for 6 hours. During this 6 hours your city will be protected from sieges being dropped and asset damage. For 6 hours prior and 6 hours after your city can be destroyed and sieged dropped, but at a higher cost.
- Clan roles have replaced clan ranks!
- There can be only 1 Supreme General
- When players that are SG’s and not the clan owner log in they will be given the General rank and a full set of roles equivalent to an SG.
- The remaining clan roles currently do not serve a purpose outside of assigning ranks for authority purposes.
- The roles are:
- Member: Default member status allows use of facilities. (nothing functional here, will add later)
- Security Officer - Can operate city gates
- City Manager - Can add or remove individual players ability to bind at a city.
- Auditor - Can view member roles.
- Communications Officer - Can set clan message of the day. - (More love planned for this:D )
- Construction Auditor - Can view clan city elements list.
- Construction Manager - Can build clan city components
- Personnel Auditing - Can view the full list of clan members and roles.
- Personnel Manager - Can send clan invitations, accept applications, and adjust player roles.
- View Diplomacy - Can view clan diplomacy settings.
- Diplomat - Can set clan standing toward clans and individuals. - (more features coming for this!)
- Warfare Specialist - Can manage warfare.
- Director - Includes all other roles and can assign roles up to Director. Can only be applied by the Supreme General.
- Vault One Query - Can view items in vault 1.
- Vault One Take - Can view and take items from vault 1.
- Vault One Container Take - Can remove container and their contents from the vault 1.
- The same options available for Vaults 2 and 3.
- New item added: Light Concussion Grenade!
- A low powered bomb designed to displace rather than cause injury.
- Crafting ingredients:
- Level 25 Engineering
- 20 Clay
- 20 Sparkstone
- 1 Chaldean Cloth
- 10 cloth
- Produces 20 grenades.
- Some bows and staves have had their recipes changed to accommodate the new materials.
Hotbar and Keybind changes:
- Hotbar can now have 1 to 10 columns open at a time
- Hotkeys can be set from within the slot options menu
- Default keybinds changed and hotbars pre-slotted with skills and items to help players get started - tutorial updated to reflect these changes.
- We are now using a new framework to render the GUI. This should give a small performance boost now and more in the future as we tailor the old UI to benefit more from the new framework.
- All the world textures have been updated with new textures and to a higher resolution. This also take advantage of the normal maps and other additions we have made to the engine. (Feedback still required if any textures seem out of place)
- Render performance optimizations. This should be most noticeable in areas with many objects. Our testing gave us up to 20% better FPS after we implemented this.
General and bug fixes
- Party kick option is now available for party creator
- Gold wallet should now work at all times, no longer possible to buy with gold in your backpack
- Trying to sell a battlespike on the market will no longer crash your client
- Updated outdated weapon descriptions
- Prompt windows moved to the top of the screen and it’s now possible to accept by pressing Y or N
- Item drops now make a 3D sound in the world and can be heard by other players
- Shearsword added to new players backpack for a total of 4 starter weapons
Thank you for reading and we look forward to your feedback.
- The Team at Big Picture Games