Check-in and see what’s new, as we move on from Baradron and enter Crog territory.
Our goal with Crog is to introduce new content, add upgrades to existing systems, and quality of life improvements. Rune Glyphs serve as a scalable territory control mechanic that could be small scale or large scale, which will depend on how players choose to compete for them. Some parts of Crog update are also adding prerequisites for much-needed improvements that we’re working on.
- Rune glyphs can now be captured and controlled by any clan. To initiate a capture, you need a Glyph Wand item. This will be a craftable item using a new ingredient Foreboding Crystal, platinum and some gold.
To initiate the capture, double click the Glyph Wand in your backpack when you are near the glyph you want to capture. This will start a 5 minute timer and warn the clan that currently owns the glyph that it is being challenged.
- Foreboding Crystal will drop from Cairn Giants and Hand of Khamset mobs
- When the 5 minute timer is up, you can alt-use the glyph to capture it for your clan.
- Controlling clans can choose to block the glyph or charge a tax to others.
- There is no cooldown on Rune Glyphs being challenged.
- Glyph Wand is crafted using construction.
- Rune Glyph tax is managed inside the clan settings
Land Fortress Changes
- The land fortress mechanics have been changed, there are 3 cannons located around the land fortress.
- These are the only siege weapons that can damage the tower.
- These cannons use a new material called Void Powder, which can be found in the possession of those with rotting flesh who have sworn eternal loyalty to their dark masters...
- The Land Fortress will now only go live every second day alternating between EU and NA time.
- Land Fortress Rewards have been doubled and the bonus has been increased to Q5 levels.
Paperdoll Weapon Bar
- A weapon bar has been added to the Paperdoll window. The purpose of this is to simplify the process of binding weapons and to make it more similar to other games.
- You can change binds directly on this paperdoll window as with other slots. It also has a bind overlay.
- You can associate a default weapon bar slot to each hotbar slot and have it auto-switch
- You can associate a default hotbar slot with each weapon that you add onto the bar
- Note: Weapon Bar does not behave like a Paperdoll and all weapons will drop in lawful except attached weapon.
- Textures and Shaders have been updated for the following areas/items
- Ork area buildings, dark rocks, trees, and meshes.
- Mahirim area buildings, elevators, shops and bridges
- Rubaiyat area buildings, rocks, trees and pyramids
- Center map area obsidian rocks.
“The sun watching over the red pharaohs eternal resting place, the Red Pyramid of Rubaiyat”
- Daily quests have been added to a select few holdings around Agon.
- These quests consist of dailies to kill champions (Objective and rewards are still WIP, feedback welcome)
- Each continent has one holding that gives the daily quest for each area
- Kholesh, Chuharacua Bay, Dayar, Ul’Sulak and Angfrost
- Players can no longer share quests with their party. Each player who wants this quest will have to go to the new Councillors in each holding to get it.
Works like the consumables tab, but for enchanting materials instead. We’ll expand on this system to add more features over time.
- There is now a slot machine area close to the mages guild in Sanguine
- There are 3 types of slots 100, 1000 and 10000 gold
- Daily/Weekly tasks have been changed so now they will reset at the same time each day for dailies and at the same day/time every week for weeklies.
- Players can no longer list low dura items (below 20%) on the market
- Reduced more system message clutter, removed spell/skill success message
- Commands for sharing of quests has been disabled for players
- Activity Windows will now show on the clan browse page
- Disabled rare cloth and leather conversions
- Demonic Dusty Plug is now showing up on items that have it dyed
- Updated the texture for the different modules to reduce their size
- Reduced module weight down to 50kg
- Kvitstein had its mine removed, it was partly removed in the past.
- Various world building fixes
- Crog Health has been slightly increased
- Crog spawns can now scale to more monsters than previously
- Crog Slime drop chance has been increased significantly
Share your feedback in the forum thread or discord, we’re very keen to see how Rune Glyphs play out.
- The team at Big Picture Games