We are very excited today to present our Baradron Patch, the team has been working hard over the past few weeks to get it ready. This is another step on our way towards our fully imagined Territory Control Systems and Embers of War.
Every holding now has to pay maintenance once per week to keep ownership. There are two separate maintenance deed items, one for hamlets and one for cities with cities costing more for maintenance. To pay maintenance, approach the bindstone of your holding and alt-use. If you have the correct permissions you will have the option to pay maintenance. You must have the deed in your backpack to complete this, the maintenance deeds can be crafted with the construction skill at a workbench. When a holding is 24 hours from going neutral a global announcement will be made. Another will be made when it goes neutral. Holdings will be flattened to the ground if they go neutral.
Platinum is the main resource required to craft Maintenance Deeds. The main way to get Platinum will be from villages and sea towers. It will also drop in small quantities from the following mobs:
- Minotaur King
- Sun Exarch
- Snowclan Oracle
- Wildtribe Shaka
Villages have been overhauled this patch. Villages have been in a bad place for a while and the main reason for this is because people were using alts with the system to scale the rewards. With this new system, the loot is a static reward per village. It will also go to the backpack of a party member which will be announced in the global capture message. Villages have been divided into four groups with increasing risk/rewards. All villages are portable via billboard once again. One from each of the 3 main groups will go live every 30 minutes.
- Lawful Villages - These will have the lowest rewards and will be ideal for new players or small groups. The same loot rules apply here as for all lawful areas and players will only drop their backpack if they die here.
- Lawless Sea Villages - Medium risk, medium reward. These villages will be changed in the near future to the classic damage the stone way of capturing villages with boats only.
- Lawless Villages - High risk, high reward. Located on the islands and center map.
- Chaldean Villages - These are the highest risk, highest reward villages. When a Chaldean Village goes live no others will. There are 5 Chaldean villages, 1 for each island and 1 center map. They will go live once per hour on the hour from 20.00 UTC to 5.00 UTC.
Relocation of Champions
All mainland champions have been relocated to better accommodate for the zone changes that were done with Akathar patch
- Ironbark the Ancient has been relocated to Yssam
- Fenris Alpha has been relocated to mainland center
- Ironbeard Heavyfist has been relocated to Niflheim
- Warlord Choppah has been relocated to Cairn
- Vlad Duskward has been relocated to mainland center
- Siharo Darkbinder has been relocated to Rubaiyat
Relocation of Mines
Mines higher than Selentine/Veilron have been moved to lawless areas. The changes are as follows:
- Erinthel mine to Kholesh
- Kvitstein mine to Kryzerok
- Skogul mine to Moherah
- Vellenyth mine to Qiqatak
- Unelak mine to Tenaland
Sanguine - New Starter Zone
To consolidate all new players even more and for the initial experience to be more enjoyable we have moved the starting area for new players to Sanguine along with all starter quests
- Aradoth had some buildings moved a bit at the bank to block for a gap in the buildings that allowed access behind the models of the buildings
- Fix for neutral players losing alignment when a player bleeds out
- Fix for players going rogue in lawful areas accidentally
- Fix for incorrect labels on paperdoll
- Sieges will now go live 24 hours after dropping
- Removed un-armed constraint from various skills
Thanks to everybody for the continued support. We would like to remind everybody to stay safe, keep social distancing where possible and wash your hands.
The Big Picture Games Team