Hi everyone and happy Friday,
Today we are pleased to announce that we are starting our second community competition entitled "Darkfall Stories." This is our first community video competition, and we are very excited to see the submissions that you all come up with. For this competition we ask that you think outside of the box, use your creativity, and come up with some exciting and unique video content as we will be giving higher scores to those that do. You have full freedom in what kind of video that you decide to create, as long as it follows the rules listed below.
One of the upcoming updates to our website that we are looking forward to is our "Featured YouTube Videos" page. This page is where we plan to show off some of the amazing videos that our community puts together for those that view our website. The first videos to be featured on this page will be the top ten winners, but we will constantly be uploading new videos that we find from our community to this page as we move forward.
The following are the rules of this competition:
- Submissions must be sent to email@example.com by 5 P.M. EST on Wednesday, October 5th.
- Title your submission email "Darkfall Stories Competition - Your Name".
- Submissions must be posted on Youtube.com with a custom title having "Darkfall: Rise of Agon - " in the beginning of the name.
- Only video footage from Darkfall: Rise of Agon may be used.
- By entering into this competition you agree to allow us to use your submission on our website and in future videos.
After the October 5th deadline, we will review the submissions as a team and determine the winners. The winners will be announced during our update on Friday, October 7th.
Here are the prizes for the top 10 winners of this competition:
- Lifetime Subscription to Darkfall: Rise of Agon
- #1 featured video on our upcoming "Featured YouTube Videos" page
- "Competition Winner" forum title
- Founder Pack upgrade (Legend Pack owners will receive an additional Legend Pack)
- First featured videos on our upcoming "Featured YouTube Videos" page
Please direct any questions that you have on this competition to @MWTaylor or you can post your questions in the competition discussion thread. Thank you for reading and we cannot wait to see what you in our community can put together!
One last thing before we leave you all to the weekend - we have updated our policies on exploiting, macroing and other in-game actions that can be found here. As we stated before these are our policies for beta, as much more strict penalties, including full character deletions, will be in place for launch.
Have a great weekend everyone and thank you for your continued support.
- The Team at Big Picture Games