Today marks the launch of our highly anticipated Market System Patch. The team is very excited for its release and looks forward to the enhancements to player trade that it brings to the table. We put together a brief overview video for your viewing pleasure which shows off some of the functionality that the new markets provide.
Read further for the full patch notes and the announcement of our upcoming MGA Free Period running from Mar. 23rd - Mar. 31st!
MGA Free Period - Mar. 23rd - Mar. 31st
To celebrate the release of the Market System, the eager-to-do-business Merchant's Guild Alliance (MGA) is sponsoring a free period. Meant to encourage trade and kick-off the market system with a bang, these friendly fellas will be covering the cost of everyone's subscription during the days of March 23rd to March 31st.
Take advantage of this time to check out all of the new changes, put your wares up for sale and start playing the market, or activate Game Time Tokens to extend your active game time past the free period.
We look forward to seeing you all in Agon - and make sure to look out for some exciting GM events hosted during this time!
Full Patch Notes
Figurine Ownership Changes
- Mounts, ships and warhulks will now retain ownership of the owner unless the owner walks more than 400m away.
- If an owner walks outside the range they will immediately receive warnings that they will lose ownership in 30 seconds. Once you get to 10 it counts down every second so you will be fully aware that you are losing ownership.
- If a user walks back in before the countdown finishes they will continue to maintain ownership.
- Ownership will no longer disappear on a timer unless you walk outside the range, so you can safely jump off your mounts and warhulks in cities as towers will attack anyone who tries to take them from you.
Mount Slot in Paperdoll
The purpose of this change is to prevent “chain” mount spawning which affects the risk vs reward of combat and mounts. With this change we will be assessing and changing stats on mounts, and health for most will be increased to be more valuable.
- New Mount Slot has been added to the paperdoll
- New Mount Spawn skill under General in the skills list will spawn whatever mount is equipped in the Mount Slotg
- Mount figurines equipped in the paperdoll will have their weight reduced by 90%
- Figurines that spawn a rideable item such as boats, mounts and warhulks have been increased to a standard 400kg weight
- The basic raft figurine is the only exception to this rule and has been slightly decreased to 50kg
- If you do not have a mount equipped and a figurine enters your backpack from the bank, or from despawning a figurine, it will automatically equip to your Mount Slot
NPC Bindstone Change
- All races with 0+ alignment can now freely bind in any of the NPC racial cities on the main continent
Map Filter Search Bar Change
- The filter box that allows you to search on the worldmap will remain open at all times to help promote it. Many users were unaware of it due to the too slim tab to open it on the top of the map. Use this to search the map for anything from a mob spawn to a mob family or crafting stations and specific NPCs
GM Help Button
- To facilitate getting help from the GMs instead cryptic /GM_Help messages (which still work if you are old fashioned!) there is now a GM Help Button in the Options menu. This is to allow easy paging of a GM if you have any questions or issues in game
Adjusted Village Loot Tables
- Some small adjustments to existing items in the village loot tables have been made to remove some of the less desirable rewards that were “stacking up” for some users. Villages will be getting a loot change to tie into the Territory Control Mechanics (TCM) patch we are focusing on for the next big feature update. The current loot table was a stop-gap to make them valuable as a current point of contention until they can have the TCM in place to tie into as planned. A new type of currency is planned for these villages which will be used for powering/expanding territory
- Eye Rot has had its damage decreased, debuffs removed and cooldown increased to 1 minute
- Pungent Mist now has a cast time of 1 second, damage has been decreased and its cooldown increased to 1 minute
- It also no longer shares a global cooldown with rays
- The Alabaster Warden
- The Angler
- The Avatar of Carnage
- The Blood Martyr
- The Celestial Skirmisher
- The Cerulean Knight
- The Dauntless Adversary
- The Demon Hunter
- The Exterminator
- The Gangster
- The Gut Spiller
- The Harbinger of Doom
- The Keeper of Fates
- The Kingslayer
- The Lionhearted
- The Lumberjack
- The Master of the Hunt
- The Miner
- The Night Stalker
- The Nightmare Avenger
- The Peaceful Warrior
- The Silver Star Paladin
- The Stone Breaker
- The Tide Chaser
- The Tomb Raider
- The Tree Hugger
- The Unseen Blade
- The Vanquisher of Darkness
- The Vile Rider
- The Warmonger
- Titles can be obtained via gathering and monster hunting
- Most titles can be acquired solo
- Each task comes with a unique write-up, some of which expands on Rise of Agon lore
- Each task offers item rewards and generous amounts of meditation points which allow you to level your character over time, regardless of whether or not you are online
- Included in the mix are some extreme grinds, making these titles difficult to acquire
- Stand out from the crowd and proudly display your title everywhere you go!
- We would love to see pictures of your titles on the forums or our official Discord. Who knows, maybe you will be the first to acquire one!
- Dropped containers (ie: Dropping items on the ground) now have the weight of inventory shown when you look at the item, to prevent going overweight accidentally.
- Hit sounds are enabled by default now on new characters.
- Improvements to batch move system on delete to optimise. This is a groundwork change needed for gearbag templates which is in the works but didn’t make it in this patch.
- Bugfix: Bag renaming only taking effect after relog should now be fixed and update immediately.
- Subscribed characters will no longer go into storage even if they have not logged in for several months.
- Mastery level melee weapons have had their recipes normalized with properly scaling rares from lowest to highest rarity:
- Selentine (R50)
- Veilron (R60)
- Neithal (R60/R70)
- Leenspar (R70/R80)
- Theyril (R80)
- Weapons will now use the same rare costs so all are balanced for the rare cost in the same mastery rank
- Crafting gains have been fixed
Last But Not Least - The Market System
- Markets are opening all over Agon! The Merchants Guild Alliance (MGA) is pleased to open its doors across all the capital cities of the great races of Agon as well as many chaos cities around the world. The market is a hub to place orders for Agon’s gifted crafters to make items and gear for you or for those gifted crafters to sell their wares at competitive prices!
- Markets are locally grouped for listing buy and sale orders
- You can search and buy globally from any market in Agon
- There are distance based fees for using the MGA transportation services
- For placing buy or sale orders there is currently a flat 3% fee at any market globally
- This fee is paid by the party who placed the order at the time it is placed
- An additional 2% is charged as sales tax on fulfilling an order
- In all cases the user selling an item either on a sale order or fulfilling a buy order pays this fee which is deducted from the earned gold
- There is a distance fee that is always paid by the buyer of 0.1% per km to a max distance of 3% (30km)
- Minimum distance fee is 0.01g - the MGA is not greedy and charges only based on the distance the item travels!
- Orders have duration options:
- 1 day
- 3 days
- 7 days
- 14 days
- 30 days
- Canceled orders will return none of the 3% listing fee
- Expired orders will return 50% of the listing fee
- Stackable items are listed at a per-item price and can be bought per item (it does not have to be the whole stack)
- Example: Listing 1,000 iron ore for sale at 6g each, you can buy any amount between 1 and 1,000. Whatever is left over will remain on the market to be bought/fulfilled by another player
- Buy orders for gear currently must be filled with full durability quality player crafted items
- All transactions on the MGA markets are facilitated through the new Global Wallet service we provide. This is linked already for those who subscribe to our global banking service and any banked gold is available in your global wallet. Most NPCs, crafting stations and shops in the world will be able to use the Global Wallet
Thank you for reading today's patch notes, we are very excited about what this patch brings to the table and look forward to your feedback.
Make sure to join us in the discussion.
- The Team at Big Picture Games
* Special thanks goes out to Inositol Rex for his help in testing the market system on the Public Test Server